New Year, New MPG Test

Posted by Sonic Tuners On Sunday, January 06, 2013



Took a quick road trip and went up to Daytona Beach to check out the upcoming ROLEX 24 race.  On the way back I decided to monitor the MPG during my return as I dont take many road-trips or commute far during the week.  The trip was right about 60 miles from Daytona Beach to Orlando, straight-shot with no tolls.  Before the start home I reset the MPG and once finished I averaged 49.3 MPG.  I noticed when the RPM exceeded 2k the MPG would start to suffer and decline.  When the RPM was right at or below 2k the MPG held steady and would slowly go up.  Enjoy the images.  For an added bonus you may notice the image of the all new Mazda6.  This is a pretty cool car which will be making it's debut at the 2013 ROLEX 24.  The Mazdaspeed6 features a clean diesel skyactiv engine with a turbo.  This race should be a lot of fun, as usual.

0 Responses to 'New Year, New MPG Test'

Post a Comment

Which Sonic Would You Buy?